La société des poètes Delarue 5



There is unexpected sun today

in London, and the clouds that

most days sift into this cage

where I am working have dispersed.

I am a black cutout against

a captive blue sky, pivoting

nude so the paying audience

can view my naked buttocks.

I am called “Venus Hottentot.”

I left Capetown with a promise

of revenue: half the profit

sand my passage home: A boon!

Master’s brother proposed the trip;

the magistrate granted me leave.

I would return to my family

a duchess, with watered-silk

Élizabeth Alexander.The venus Hottentot

De la poésie à Washington...

Une poétesse et un Praise of the day à la Maison-Blanche

Un jour historique

Un rêve qui ouvre la route à de fabuleux dialogues de poètes

__________

1. Illustration: Bob Adelman.


Souscrire Ajouter à Technorati Add to delicious

Commentaires